The city of Santarém is situated on a plateau, located on the right bank of the Tagus River, 65 km (40 miles) northeast of Lisbon. The economy of the city remains mainly dedicated to the production of agricultural goods.

Monday, May 15, 2017

Vila Nova de Gaia 05-15-2017

Aloha Família!

Super cool to see you guys, family! Nice to see that you guys are all okay and doing such great work! Also, summer is almost here! Yay!

We had a divisão with the elders from Gaia 2. I went with Élder Souza, who's in his second transfer. He's from Recife, Brasil, and he's super cool. He's got a lot of "real intention" and really wants to be better. It was super invigorating working with him. I felt bad cuz we knocked a lot of doors, and got rejected pretty hard, and then he lost his name tag, but he was a trooper and kept a good attitude. We finished the day good. 

Also, had a division with the assistants to the President. I went with Élder Gabbitas. It was not bad. Had some patience-trying experiences with him, but was cool. I learned a lot about working thru members, using activities. Was good. Also, I forgot how fun 4-Élder houses are, haha. They have one of the few 4-Élder houses, and so was fun to be able to kick it with Élder Gabbitas and others. Also, shout out to Ricardo e Deborah Fernandez who I saw at an activity there! Love those guys! #póvoadevarzim

On Sunday, the sisters brought an Angolan family we found for them. Our ward mission leader stuck up for us and now we are moving forward to be more united as a ward.

I've been learning a lot about the effect I have on other people as a leader. Love needs to always be the motivating factor. The right perspective, meaning, looking at them as children of God with divine potential, is essential, as the way we treat and think about them will influence their desire to do and be better. I know that Jesus Christ is our perfect example and that as we seek to be more like Him, we will become the best versions of ourselves. I know that having, and following good leaders, is essential to our spiritual development. I'm so grateful for the people who I've had in my life, principally my family, who have helped me to become the man I am today.

Once more, family, super nice to see you guys yesterday! Happy Mother's Day mom! Jonah, happy early birthday!!! Fight the good fight, keep the faith! Love you guys!

com amor,
Élder Kim 

No comments:

Post a Comment