The city of Santarém is situated on a plateau, located on the right bank of the Tagus River, 65 km (40 miles) northeast of Lisbon. The economy of the city remains mainly dedicated to the production of agricultural goods.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Gaia 5/22/2017

(l to r) Elder Kiki, Elder Hammer,
Sister Nance, Sister McNabb,
Elder Wanlass, Elder Kim
Aloha Família

This week was honestly really awesome, and we definitely ended this transfer off well!

We had zone conference this week and it was really good! Presidente talked a lot about the need for us to open our mouth and also, to do the basics. It was really inspiring. Me and Élder Wanlass have been really good at talking to everyone and stuff, but we have definitely been making a more conscious effort since then. During the conference, Presidente asked all those who had used public transportation to get to the conference to stand, and then had all those who didn't contact someone, sit down. I was so grateful for having opened my mouth and contacted a few people, even though I really wasn't feeling it that morning. I will continue to do my best to waiho i ka hilahila ma ka hale and talk to everyone, so that all may have an opportunity at the blessings.

Noite das Culturas
(Cultural Night Activity)
We contacted this guy a few weeks ago and he said he could meet up with us another day, along with some of his friends, but we weren't able to do that until this week. He picked us up in his BMW, takes us to his friend's house, and the house is rich! His friend is this ripped, English, affluent alfa male guy, and he's there with his family and a few other people. So, me and Élder Wanlass, with nine other people, and they're all Seventh Day Adventists. We're thinking it's gonna get nuts. We felt like we were in the lion's den, haha, but, they let us share our message. Alfa male starts to get small kine nuts, but we just redirect everything to the message, and to God, and how they will only know by the Spirit thru their personal efforts. The Spirit was totally there as we taught, and it made me feel so good to know that I really don't have to prove anything. I am but the tool by which the message is shared, and THEY WILL KNOW if they ask. Was cool.

We also had this cool activity called Noite das Culturas, and it was great! We had five investigators there, and a lot of members showed up. Everyone was asked to bring a "cultural" dish and was awesome! We also had a culturally themed jeopardy game and everyone got involved. Also, these two guys we contacted the other day, who make and play the Portuguese bag pipes, gaita, showed up at the end, and performed a small piece for us. Was super dope!

Transfers came in, and half our district is going.... I'm pretty sad. Élder Wanlass has been transferred to Matosinhos and will be serving as one of two new assistants to the presidente. I'm pretty sad to have him leave... I've learned a lot with and from him. I'm super grateful for the opportunity I had to serve with him once more. (He was my companion in the MTC.) I will be staying here in Gaia and will be with Élder Kathegeyan, who's from India, the first Indian missionary ever, from what I've heard. I'm a little nervous and stuff, but I'm excited to go and work.

Celebrating Elder Wanlassʻs Birthday
(fruit punch and sprite drinks)
Also, Élder Nunes is a zone leader! Élder Wanlass turned 21 today and I made him those macadamia pancakes today! We ate all you can eat sushi as a district, and had a ping pong tournament! I really will miss all these guys... I'm grateful for all the opportunities I've been blessed with to meet and know all these cool people, and to learn, grow, and work with them. A vida é boa pa, kkkkk.

Family, I love you guys!!! Sounds like graduation was nuts! Was happy to see all the family together and stuff. Shout out to Grandma Odale and Aunty Kenz! I love you guys!!! Keep up the good work!

Vos amamos!
-Elder Kim





Noite das Culturas
Noite das Culturas





Portuguese Bag Pipes and Dance

1 comment:

  1. Shout out to Elder Hyrum Kim! Graduation, both were good. Your family is awesome, all growing up, a Beautiful family. Went with mom and dad to temple. Dad a,d mom smiled so happily with each other in Celestial room. Sending prayers and love your way, gramma odale

    ReplyDelete