The city of Santarém is situated on a plateau, located on the right bank of the Tagus River, 65 km (40 miles) northeast of Lisbon. The economy of the city remains mainly dedicated to the production of agricultural goods.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Gaia 7/24/17

Elder Carvalho, outside the chapel in
Chaves. The sign for the LDS church is
in the window of the bathroom.
Aloha Família!

This week has really been a week of tender mercies.

On Monday, as I walked on to the metro to go back to my area, I walked into Ema and Emerson! The mom and son me and Elder Bortolo found in Coimbra that we blessed and stuff! I was soooo happy! I'm soooo grateful for be able to see and talk to them even if it was for a short time.

We did a division with the elders of Gaia 1B and me and Elder Carvalho went Chaves to do a baptismal interview. Its SOOOO FAR but we got there safe, the woman was interviewed and later baptized so all good. We almost got stranded out there, but we were able to buy tickets back and it all worked out.

My planner!! Irmão Jesus and Elder Kim
On Saturday I lost my planner on the metro....I was devastated, I didn't know how'd I'd get it back... I prayed, sent out a text to all the missionaries in the general vicinity, fasted and worked hard like normal trying to show God my faith. I knew that He'd answer my prayer; I didn't know how, but I knew He would. And He did! During gospel principles class a member whose name is Irmão Jesus walks in and hands it to me! I'm like wat?! I'm soooo grateful for His loving hand in our lives! He is a God of miracles!!!

We took our neighbor to church!!!

We were able to meet our goal and continue to meet the eagle challenges by Presidente. Life is good. Really I'm soooo happy to be a missionary! Life just makes sooo much sense! It really is the awesomest thing in the world to be a tool in God's hands. I'm grateful for the opportunity I have as a missionary to serve His children here in Portugal in order that they might have the blessings.

Love you guys! Have a fun time at the beach!

com amor,
Elder Kim


Elder Kim and a local man who happened to have on a shirt from Hawaii.
Though the man agreed to pose for a picture, he wasn't as enthusiastic to hear a message.
Elder Kim said, "No worries, braddah!! Bumbye!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment