The city of Santarém is situated on a plateau, located on the right bank of the Tagus River, 65 km (40 miles) northeast of Lisbon. The economy of the city remains mainly dedicated to the production of agricultural goods.

Monday, June 5, 2017

Gaia 6/5/17

Aloha Família!

This week was definitely a trial of our faith. Was rough. We got wrecked. We learned a lot, some lessons harder than others, haha. We got locked out of our house, and had to pay a guy to break us back in. Our washing machine broke. We got rejected pretty hard on all fronts, and many of our appointments fell through. Not the most ideal week, but at the end of the week, the gospel is still true, God still lives, so we still just gotta keep going.

I learned a lot about the need to have faith and hope that God will bless us even when its super bleak, and we can’t see how He will do it. Patience, diligence and obedience are required if we are to be blessed. It’s in the hard times that we learn the most. The blessings always come AFTER the trial of our faith.

I finally renewed my residency card, so now I’m not walking around illegal like I have been for the last few weeks, haha. Yay! I caught up with all the people who came in (to the mission) with me and stuff. Was super great, I love my group! I forgot to take pics tho!!! :(

Story: Elder Karthigeyan gets us into a door by telling the guy that I don’t speak Portuguese and that I want to practice! LOL!!! So, I sit there in the lesson like “I don’t know”, but then Elder Karthigeyan starts getting faca (knife: slang for getting hard time) in the lesson and I had to back him up, which means speaking Portuguese, and was funny! Haha! We’ve started doing contacts in just straight up Ingles (English), especially with the youth, cuz people pay a lot more attention and are a lot more open to talking with us!

Right at the end of the week we found this family! Dad, mom, daughter and toddler son. It was super cool to be able to teach the whole family about the blessings that come from the gospel. God is good. 

I’m super grateful for all the opportunities to serve, to bear my testimony and to share the gospel with others. Really, there is no greater joy fulfilling our duties to God.

Family, I love you! Keep up the great work! The trek looks dope! Hiki no!

com amor,
Élder Kim


(Sorry, no pictures this week!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment