The city of Santarém is situated on a plateau, located on the right bank of the Tagus River, 65 km (40 miles) northeast of Lisbon. The economy of the city remains mainly dedicated to the production of agricultural goods.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Gaia 4/17/17

Aloha Família!

So, this week has been absolutely, crazy. Literally every day an adventure, but I'm just loving life and learning from it haha.

At the train station, helping everyone
get to where they need to be
Transfer day was pretty hectic. Almost didn't make the train with all the baggage. Then helping other missionaries and stuff to catch their respective trains and then finally meeting up with my comp, left me dripping with sweat, but everyone got to their areas safely.

Elder Kim and Elder Meza
Got to take Elder Meza (who trained Elder Kim) to the training meeting and spend one more night with him. I love him!!! Also, I have a "brother" named Elder Patterson from Canada!!! (Whom Elder Meza is now training.)

One of our investigators "came out of the closet" in the middle of the lesson.....#awkward. Apparently, he just likes Elder Wanlass and things escalated quickly and we had to run from the chapel. Hahaha!!

My birthday was pretty normal. Didn't really feel like anything special. We just worked hard, and Elder Meza called me that night wishing me a happy birthday. The sisters got me ice cream but left it at the chapel, so I still haven't gotten it, haha. Maybe I'll get me something nice today haha, but probably not....maybe next week haha. Oh yeah we also ate feijoada  (portuguese bean soup) at this one members house, was pretty good.

Being with Elder Wanlass again has been really fun. (They were companions in the MTC) We've been literally talking to everyone, like normal, but with his energy and enthusiasm it gets really funny. His heart is in the right place and he really wants to do and be better, so were doing great. He's got this crazy diet and work out thing though, but I'm like....nah, hahaha. Also, improving my house maintenance skills so the house looks good. It's actually really big (the house).

Gaia is a really big city. We live right next to the end of the metro, and tons of people are always walking around. The ward is actually really big, and is supposed to be like  "the best ward of the mish", vamos lá ver (we'll see) haha. I'm excited. Also, the weather is not bad, pretty moderate actually, even a little chilly at night.

From right to left: Elder Meza, (who trained) Elder Kim, (who trained) Elder Nunes,
(who trained) Elder Halvorsen and Elder Quaresma
No word on the identity of the photo bomber who appears at waist level


Anyway family, I love you guys, keep up the great work! Really like the paint job; good job with the palapalas, but hey you guys gotta get that NANI NAWAHI!!!! Go big or go home! Also liked the eggs you guys made, very cool! The board with the missionaries is funny cuz I'm the only one in Europe....haha. Jonah your lei hulu looks great! Good job! Sam good job with the 8ft pole jump! Seta and Haili keep it up with the soccer, you guys are animals! Mom go get um with your classes! Dad keep up the great work at work, but no get hurt! Família I love you guys and have a great week!

Vos amo!


 Élder Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment