The city of Santarém is situated on a plateau, located on the right bank of the Tagus River, 65 km (40 miles) northeast of Lisbon. The economy of the city remains mainly dedicated to the production of agricultural goods.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Coimbra 3/20/17

Aloha family!

Well Happy Father's Day!!! Apparently, it was Father's Day in Portugal yesterday, so shout out to my Dad and all other dads!

We did divisions with the APs this week, and I had the opportunity to work with Elder Gabbitas again, for the first time in almost a year. Was good to be able to work with and learn from him.

A picture of a bridge over the Rio Mondego.
We also did another division with the elders from Aveiro A. I went with Elder McClure, who's actually a red head, and we went and explored some other parts of our area on the other side of the river. We worked really hard and it was pretty scenic. (I'm sorry I have pics of this stuff, but I filled up my storage card, and the one I'm using now would have to be reformatted to be able to send pics, so no can do. I gotta find another way. Sorry guys!)

Interesting bridge used by
bikes and pedestrians to
get to "the other side of the river,"
Rio Mondego (Mondego River)
We almost brought Felipe of Brazil to church, but there was a miscommunication and he didn't make it. However, this other guy, Carlos, who we had contacted on the street a few times, showed up randomly! Milagre! (Miracle!) He says he's looking for a way to have a fresh start, and so were gonna try and help him do exactly that, if he lets us.

I know that God loves us, and that He sees us for who we truly are. I know that He is the one who guides this great work.

I love you family! Thank you for all the emails, love, and encouragement. Keep up the great work! Vos amo! Tenham uma boa semana! (I love you! Have a good week!)

com amor,
Élder Kim




The view of Coimbra from over the river, in the Spring. Note the fruit and flowers on the trees
at the bottom of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment