The city of Santarém is situated on a plateau, located on the right bank of the Tagus River, 65 km (40 miles) northeast of Lisbon. The economy of the city remains mainly dedicated to the production of agricultural goods.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Coimbra 3/13/17

Aloha Family!

Doing service is Great!! Elder Kim, triumphant, with his stump!
We did service this week! It's a miracle!!! People here hardly ever accept service, be it members or otherwise, but this week we helped this one member on their farm and it was good! We basically just weeded and prepped the ground for them and even planted some. I also pulled out that stump, so yeah, still got it, I guess! Haha. Been a while since we could do some physical labor, so i twas nice to be able to get some dirt on the old jeans, haha.

We did division this week with the other elders in our district. I went with Elder Hirschi to their area and we had a good day of finding people. It was cool to work with him since I had done a division with him 2 transfers ago, and he has grown. Sadly, I took no pic with him, but I'll try take one with him this week to send to you guys next week.

Brother and Sister Lemos. He is 94 and less active. 
She LOVES the Gospel and creates homemade art, 
pictured in back of them, of uplifting messages she reads
in church magazines or the scriptures.
The less active that we got to church last week, Irmã Donzília, came again this week!!!! When we passed by her house the other day, when she saw us, her whole face just lit up; it was like a whole new person! We're soo happy for her.

We found this cool family this week, and we're looking forward to working with them. I don't know if I told you guys, but 2 weeks ago I made fried fish and it turned out really, good. Also, got a card from Aunty Tia, THANK U!!! Sorry I've been so lame in responding! I'll will try do better! Oh, yeah, like 3 weeks ago I finished the Book of Mormon in Hawaiian again!!! Still true!

I've been reading this super thick book about the history of the church, and there was this quote from President David O. McKay that basically says that our main objective in life is the development of Christ-like character. We need to become more like him. He is the way, the truth, and the life, the perfect example. I know that He is our Savior and Redeemer, and that as we draw closer to him through repentance, we become more like Him.

Love you family! Nice to see all the smiling faces, and hear about all the fun activities. HAPPY BDAY SAM!!! Love you guys!

com amor,
Élder Kim




View of Coimbra

No comments:

Post a Comment