The city of Santarém is situated on a plateau, located on the right bank of the Tagus River, 65 km (40 miles) northeast of Lisbon. The economy of the city remains mainly dedicated to the production of agricultural goods.

Monday, October 17, 2016

"Sky Black" 10/17/16

Boas!
The sky is still black when we wake up.

So this week has been rather rough, haha. It is definitely not summer anymore! It's been wet and cold, and all that good stuff. I'm loving the thick jacket I got. The quote I used for the theme was actually Elder Dias. He was like "Elder, Elder, olha!" and I was like " o que? (what) and he's like "sky black" and I couldn't help but laugh, cuz he was right haha. Gotta say though, I've kinda missed the rain.

Even though it was a rough week we still worked hard and had some great times.

We passed our house inspection!!!!

But the sun does slowly rise.....
We were able to meet up with an inactive member named Vitor. Me and Elder Nunes actually found him a while back. He's 24 and was baptized 10yrs ago in Viseu, and is from Lisboa. We were finally able to meet up with him and share a message. I was sooo happy! He still doesn't want to go back to church, but I can tell he's got a great testimony still, and we're hoping to continue working with him. What was cool was during the lesson, he went and grabbed his scriptures, and man they were all marked up! I was like wow, this guy is awesome!!!

The weather has been getting colder
with foggy days.
We talked to this guy, and started talking to him about his faith and stuff. In the end he was like "no, I don't want to hear your message". We were like "ok then, here's a card, call us" and then started walking away. As we walked away, he called after and told us "Fé é que nos move" (Its faith that moves us) and I was like "ISSO È VERDADE" (that is true). I don't know why, but when he said that it just like hit me, I was like wow, that is sooooo true!!!!

We had a great lesson with Manuel this week. We read some scriptures with him and started to ask about what was keeping him back from baptism. We bore our testimonies that this work is true, and that baptism was true, and the Spirit was just super intense! Elder Dias invited him to be baptized on the 22 (that's my boy!) and he didn't say anything for the longest time then was like "at what time?"; we were like "any time you like"; then he kept thinking, then he was like "no I'm not ready." We were like "no, you are", and bore more testimony and responded to his doubts and the Spirit was testifying that it was all true but he kept saying no. I know that he knows it's all true. Now I just hope that he acts on that knowledge and follows what the Spirit is telling him. Even though he said no, I'm super grateful for that lesson and the companionship of the Spirit, and the opportunity I have to help Manuel.

On Sunday all our investigators cancelled on us, but I called some people to see if we could get anyone to go with us, but nobody answered. So we went to church, and I had the strange calm feeling that somebody would show up. Sure enough, right after the sacrament was passed, João Barros shows up!!! (One of our contacts)


Funny stuff:

Fernanda and Elder Kim, walking to
church in 'beanie' weather
We were walking down the road and Elder Dias starts to practice English. He starts describing what I'm wearing and he's like "jacket black, shoes black, pants black, bag black....." and I interject "and skin black" and he's like "yeah! skin black". Then a confused look comes on his face and he's like "skin? hmmmmm....skin....skin?? No! you skin white! Me black!" It was soooooo funny!!!

It's been a rough week, and the people haven't really been too open with us, and my patience has really been tested, but I'm trying to do my best. I know that God recognizes our efforts and will bless us. I know that it is only though persevering to the end that we will gain those blessings!

Happy to hear you guys had a great week!!! Too funny to think that our relationship with the Ahloys and the Enos families started way back in summer camp with me and then called "hobo" Vaea. I love all you guys!! Have a great week!!!

com amor,
Elder Kim

New Haircut: YAAY!!





No comments:

Post a Comment