The city of Santarém is situated on a plateau, located on the right bank of the Tagus River, 65 km (40 miles) northeast of Lisbon. The economy of the city remains mainly dedicated to the production of agricultural goods.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Santarém 9/11/17

Aloha Família!

Pretty awesome week, if I do say so myself. Or as my friends Harry, from Cross country, or Temaʻu say "pretty dang nitto burito if you know what I mean" haha.

Élder Kim and Élder Warren
We had a division with the Élderes of Tomar. I went with Élder Warren. Élder Warren was actually my district leader my first transfer in Coimbra 1, and is ending his mission here in 2 weeks. We had a great division! We were knocking this apartment building, and I had the impression to go check the 8th floor of the building, seeing as the elevator only goes to the 7th. I was like
"ah, watever, doesnt hurt to be thorough", and we found a man and a woman open to hear the gospel! Was awesome! Was just a lesson to both of us that we always gotta do everything that we can, the best that we can, so that God can use us as His tools for the salvation of His children.

Looking out at Gaia
We went to Porto this week for the council of leaders. We had to go up the night before, because we live so far out, and we got to stay in Gaia!!! It was like I never left! Running into old investigators, less actives, saving lost sisters, was too funny! Also, talking to Élder Karthigeyan was nice. He's the man. The meeting itself was an adventure in and of itself, seeing as we had to change chapels not to long before the meeting, because the first chapel was being painted! Thankfully it all got settled and we were able to have a great meeting! I really thought about the importance of being a good example, and the importance of being thorough in following up, not just with investigators but with missionaries as well, and magnifying our callings. I'm grateful for Presidente Amorim, and his counsels, and for all the guidance he gives us to help us be the best that we can.

That family we helped move house last week came to church!!!! Miguel, his wife, and three kids!!! Soooooo happy!!!! They are honestly soooo cool, and I'm so grateful for the great opportunity we have to help them get to know the blessings of the gospel!

The Paraguayan family has been having some family complications in Spain and stuff, but we should be meeting up with them today!

In the truck on the BRUTAL moving
day
We helped another investigator family move this past Saturday and was brutal! Was basically just me and Élder Maloy...was pretty nuts. It took us like ALL DAY!!! Two full truck loads of stuff! And of course, she lives on the 7th floor! Luckily for us, most of the stuff we could use the elevator, but for like some of the big stuff...we had to carry it up the stairs.... 7 FLOORS UP! All that to say, Élder Maloy is a machine and it all worked out, hahaha.

Also in the middle of the move, I got my trunky call! Trunky call is the call where they basically reaffirm the information for me to fly home.....#signsofthetimes.....Sooooo weird....Well just gotta keep losing myself in the work so I can forget about that! haha

Anyways I think that's about it fam. I love you guys! Hope everything is going good! Dad keep taking care of mom! Mom força on your last class! Jonah keep studying hard! Sam, Seta, and Haili, love each other and do your guys best to help mom and dad out! I love you guys fam! So grateful for all your love, support and prayers! I know that God loves us, that we are His children and the He really does answer our prayers! We just gotta, well, PRAY!!!! Have a great week everyone!

com amor,
Élder Kim


A link for :



Élders Santos, Maloy, Warren, and Kim in Tomar (l to r) 



1 comment:

  1. I try each week to post, write then publish and never see it. Sorry. I don't understand the process. Botlove your blogs. Gramma odale

    ReplyDelete