The city of Santarém is situated on a plateau, located on the right bank of the Tagus River, 65 km (40 miles) northeast of Lisbon. The economy of the city remains mainly dedicated to the production of agricultural goods.

Friday, August 18, 2017

Tchau Gaia!! 8/14/17

Elder Kim, Karthigeyan, Sister Paulos,
Sister Nance, Elder McClure, Elder Carvalho
Last picture with this district!
Aloha Família!

This week was a great week! It was super long, and we worked hard, but was good! Also, HAPPY 22ND MARRIAGE ANNIVERSARY TO YOU GUYS, MOM AND DAD!!! 

We had a huge council meeting with all the district leaders, zone leaders, sister training leaders, assistants, and other invited missionaries, and Presidente and Elder Moreira of the 70! It was really big! It was two days of training and spiritual learning and was good! I learned a lot about how I can be a better leader and I'm excited to repent and be better! Also, we had Elder Casper and his comp staying at our house so that was cool to catch up and stuff.

In mission lingo, to die means you
have finished your mission and may
return home. Sister Paulos has "died"
and this "funeral" is her sending off!
Note the "RIP" brownies!!
We taught this lady about how her baby wasn't lost, but that she would see him again. We read Moroni 8 with her, and you could tell that she was feeling the spirit! I'm so grateful for the plan that God has for each and every one of us. I know the plan is perfect, that He hasn't put us here to fail, but to succeed, and that He never forgets us!!!

We accomplished all the challenges for the Presidente this round! The last one was to bring 2 people to church. We only had one, we had done our best and like towards the end of sacrament meeting 3 people that we had invited walked in!!! HE IS A GOD OF MIRACLES!!! 

Transfers came in and I'll be going to Santarém, otherwise known as Siãotarém!!! (Sião means Zion in Portuguese) I'll be serving with Elder Maloy!!! He was my district leader in Coimbra 2 and is the man!!! I'm super excited to go serve there, but I gotta say I'm a little sad to leave Gaia. Its grown on me. I know Elder Karthigeyan, and Elder Quaresma (my replacement) will do good work!

Family, I love you guys!!! I just want you guys to know, that God lives! He knows best! As we do our best and trust in Him, doing what He's asked that we do, it's all gonna work out!!! Today is a new day, and it's gonna be great!!! Love you guys!!!

com amor,
Élder Kim



A car fire that happened just outside our apartment.

Added this picture just because my dad drives his own fire engine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment